From The Desk of Jere Kizer Douglas
I would like to take a moment of your time to posit my life’s involvement as a consultant and planner in these various organizations and companies. I exhibit a multilateral approach to problem solving and conflict resolution with compliance issues to regulations and personal development. These are past affiliations, paid professional and consulting positions in my life. Thank You for your consideration.
Policy Development and Implementation
• National Healthcare Association, Policies and Procedures, Design and Implementation of Patients Rights in Health Care
• Production Tracking Programs, Windows Office, AS400 Systems, Main Frame to PC Conversions, Fiber Optics Integration
• Lean Manufacturing, Intermet, Ford, Daimler Chrysler, Cost Management/Control
• Budget Analysis and Waste Reduction, Intermet, Ford, Daimler Chrysler, Williams Petroleum, Exxon Mobile, Chevron
Social Work/Societal Commitment
• Activity Coordinator, Douglas Nursing Home, INC Milan, Tennessee. Development of programs for Geriatric and Mentally Challenged. Arts and Crafts including Quilting, Woodworking, Reading, Reality Orientation, Aging Gracefully, Knitting, Crochet, Flower Arranging and Gardening, Awareness and Mobility Exercise. Kinesiology.
• Aid to End Aids Committee, 501c3 Non-Profit Reorganization and Expansion.
• Jackson Cares, 501c3 Non-Profit, Reorganization, Expansion and Fundraising
• Nashville Cares, 501c3 Non-Profit, Fundraising Growth, Entertainment including Country Music Industry.
• Tennessee/Midsouth coordinator Clinton Gore Presidential Campaign and outreach to GLBT Community concerning ethics, policies, DADT, DOMA and other principles espoused by the administration.
• Broadway Cares, 501c3 Non-Profit, Fundraising, Awareness, Expansion of beneficiaries
• St. Judes ALSAC, 501c3 Non-Profit, Recreating Fundraising and Awareness Campaigns, expansion of services and lodging with Ronald McDonald House and others. Expansion of Danny Thomas/FEDEX PGA Golf Tournament and events surrounding, yearly. Coordination with TV networks and Performing Artists. Arts and Crafts Fair development and growth showing the wonderful artwork of the kids of St. Judes.
Advisory, Event Coordination
• Presidential/Gubernatorial/Congressional Advisory, Ryan White Commission, planning and implementation of funding principles, creation of regulations and commitment policies. Liaison involvement with government and non-government agencies. Application of Hipaa Laws and Regulations.
• Special Olympics, 501c3 Non – Profit, event planning, coordination, implementation of policies and procedures, fundraising, performance, personal involvement worldwide. Eunice Kennedy Shriver.
Honorary Black Belt, Christian Martial Arts Association
United States Jaycees, Speaker of the Year
United States Jaycees, Organist/Musician of the Year
State of Tennessee, United States; Ambassador of Good Will
Tsarus, Man of the Year; Memphis, Tennessee
Presidential Award, Gibson County Tennessee Sesquicentennial Celebration
Presidential Award, Tennessee Jaycees/Milan Chapter
Special Olympics Sponsor/Involvement Award.. Okinawa, Japan; Iwakuni, Japan; Hiroshima, Japan; Los Angeles California; San Francisco California; Memphis, Tennessee; Chicago, Illinois; Boston, Massachusetts; Oceanside, California; Little Rock, Arkansas; Hew York City, New York; Evanston, Illinois; Manilla, Philippines; Bepu, Japan; Saporo, Japan; Kyoto, Japan; Tokyo, Japan; United States.
Peace Award, Hiroshima, Japan
Lubrani Clarinet Award, University of Memphis
Various other Civic awards and recognitions.